Monday, March 18, 2013

Love's Confession - 1 John 2: 22-23


    Sometimes trying to figure out how people are related can be a little tough.  I have some relatives that I know are cousins of some sort, but I can't figure out whether they are third cousins or one of the those "removed" relatives!  You can imagine for a small child, it can even be a lot harder to fathom.
    Every once in a while we had one of those "figure it out" sessions with youngest when they were preschoolers.  The first relationship they really had to work at was that of understanding that their grandparents were our parents.  To them, children had to be small. How could someone my size be a child to anyone?  Throw in one of my adult siblings and their spouse, and things got a bit more confusing.  When one of them had been divorced, I think the small ones felt lost!
    I am proud to say that once they understood who we as their parents are, they have always been willing to claim us.  They aren't afraid to say, "he's my dad!"
    According to 1 John 2:22 + 23, those who cannot confess that they are "related" to Jesus Christ through His sacrifice for them, are not!  Also, those who deny having that relationship never had it in the first place (see vs. 19).
    Could you declare before heaven and earth today that Jesus is the Christ?  Do you believe that to be true?  It is the most important question you could ever answer.
The Circuit ‘Riter, Michael Ullrich

No comments:

Post a Comment