Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Love's Looks - 1 John 3:2


   We like food cooked outside on our grill.  We have tried fish, potatoes and other vegetables, hot dogs and a variety of meats.  The most common thing cooked on the grill is probably hamburger.
    I am finally really getting the hang of things so my grilled finished product is more consistent.  Not nearly so many "burnt sacrifices!"  Once I cooked some steak and hamburgers and  when we placed one of the beef and oatmeal patties on then 4 year old Daniel's plate, he asked what it was.  We told him it was a hamburger and he replied, "I thought they were supposed to be black!"
    I didn't think I had been doing THAT bad.  Poor kid wasn't sure what a good hamburger was supposed to look like.
    Ever wonder what you will "look like" in heaven when you are all "done?"  It is encouraging to me to know that God does things right.  So I take that as assurance that I will "look" just right in heaven.  But also the Bible says in 1 John 3:2b, "We know that when He (Jesus) appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is."
    Now, I don't understand all of that but I know that in some way, what really matters about me will be brought into conformity with what Jesus is like.  That is the promise to the believer in Christ.
The Circuit ‘Riter, Michael Ullrich

No comments:

Post a Comment