Friday, March 22, 2013

Love's Promise - 1 John 2:25



    I have a poor memory for some things.  There is no getting around it.   I finally came to the conclusion when, on several occasions, what someone else recalled I had said was proved to be true.  To that point I fought the accusation because I couldn't remember saying what I said!  That's the big problem with a flawed memory, you don't know you have it.
    Since coming to grips with my shortcoming, I have tried to be more careful about what I say.  For instance, I try hard not to make promises that I haven't thoroughly thought out. I also use a calendar a lot and notes as well, however sometimes I forget to look at the calendar and I lose my notes.
    My greatest concern is with my family.  I don't want to promise them something I won't or can't fulfill.  I would much rather disappoint a non-family member that I don’t have to see all the time. Do I do a good job of this practice? I don’t remember…
    As a child of God I am especially thankful that the Heavenly Father has a perfect memory.  Can you imagine the chaos if God were to somehow forget to have the Sun rise or even allow the Moon to stray from its path for even a few moments?  Thankfully, God doesn't forget!
    The most important promise in the Scriptures is referred to in 1 John 2:25. "This is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life."  John 3:16 says that you only have to "believe" in Jesus, God's only Son to have eternal life.  Have you?  Is His promise to you?  He won't forget it or you if you have trusted Him! 
The Circuit 'Riter, Michael Ullrich

No comments:

Post a Comment